Saturday, March 28, 2009

another reincarnation

My dearest Ernst,

I’m so happy to hear from you again. I know you have a lot to do, but I think you shouldn’t troll so much on Ray’s blog. He really doesn’t need people who fake to be more stupid than he is. I mean, I have some suspicions about your secret identities, but please tell me, that you aren’t faking Terry Burton or even Dani’el. That would be most disturbing.

Tilia has been to a conference those last two days and couldn’t stop talking about it when she returned. I really don’t understand why she is so interested in honeybee brains. Bees have so tiny brains, and no matter what Tilia says, they aren’t very smart.

You might have guessed it, I was a honeybee once (or twice, but I’m not so sure about the second time, because I was ripped out of my bed and killed by a wasp when I was still a larva. And larvae don’t really care who they are as long as there’s someone near who feeds them). Anyway, even though bees are considered to be so smart they don’t even have a proper language. I mean, it would be useful, wouldn’t it, if you live together with several thousand other bees and have to ask them to help you collecting nectar at a promising food source. It would be so easy to just call your sisters (the brothers don’t bother to help collecting food, they’re only interested in sex) and tell them “Hey, I’ve found a field full of blooming clover just behind that old oak tree.”

But no. They simply don’t get the concept of a simple language. Instead you have to spend up to several minutes shaking your butt in a defined angle compared to the sun and let your sisters touch you with their tickling antennae. I wasn’t very unhappy when that existence came to an end after only three weeks of outdoor duty.

Well, after what Tilia told me from the conference I should be glad, that I didn’t end up in a laboratory back then. Science has changed a lot since the days of Karl von Frisch (btw, have you seen him down there? I don’t know much about his religion but I somehow doubt that they have many Nobel laureates in Heaven).

I hope to hear from you soon.

In eternal love,

Anna

4 comments:

  1. Anna,
    I am so jealous of Tilia! Studying bee's brains! How cool is that?

    When you see her, ask her if bees have knees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Froggie,

    How cool that is? A little cooler than studying frog brains...
    So I think you'll be pretty safe around her.

    Tilia said that bees can bend their legs, so in a way they have knees, six of them (poor beasts). And locusts have their ears at their knees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,
    I don't believe in reincarnation. I didn't believe in reincarnation in my last life either.

    ReplyDelete