My beloved Ernst,
It’s good to hear that you enjoy the company in hell. I guess people are a lot more boring in heaven.
As for your question about other fundie pages: I wouldn’t recommend trolling the blogs of those pathetic little teenage or early twen boys who are so sure to know the absolute truth about absolutely everything. Or at least about everything that really matters, i.e. that Jesus has saved them a premium place in heaven. (Close to the popcorn machine and with an excellent view at the hell fires…)
Have we been like that when we where teenagers? I remember you always did your best to impress me with your knowledge about science and literature and politics and you didn’t like to be corrected, if I in some rare cases were able to do so, but neither of us ever dreamed of being impertinent towards people twice our age.
I rather pity those poor kids. Who made them afraid of death and hell at such a young age? Especially in these times when the vast majority of children don’t just die because of the one or the other infection. Were they brainwashed by their parents or a charismatic priest? Did they figure that out all by themselves? And if they did: Why didn’t their parents or the church members stop them from developing an obsession with sin, damnation and fear? It can’t be healthy to think all the time about the Rapture and Hell fires, even if you’re sure (with what justification ever…) that you’ll be saved. What do they think when they’re out in the streets? “This one is damned, that one, too. Damned, damned, definitely damned, maybe saved. I’d really like to see that guy burning in hell. Oh, that girl’s hot, I hope she’s saved.”?
Letting kids grow up with this kind of thoughts is undoubtedly child abuse. You’d think that some teachers might realize it and take action, but to make matters worse are these kids at least in the US quite often home schooled (I’m really glad that home schooling is forbidden in Germany today). Just imagine: They have never closer contact to any adult outside their family and the other likewise brainwashed church members. It’s amazing that at least some of them are able to develop independent thoughts.
A “virtuous woman” called Jean is one of these child abusing fundie mothers. She once had a blog post about her methods of brainwashing her little four-year old daughter into believing she was a wretched sinner and going to hell if she died. Some caring bloggers sent the child service after her, so she’s a little bit more cautious now, but she definitely deserves to be trolled. A home schooling fundie blogger would be Dan+†+ (I wonder if he installed that cross to his keyboard) at debunking atheists (no, that’s not supposed to mean “atheists who debunk Dan”, though it seems to be like that most of the time). Those two are at least brave enough to allow controversial comments. Most brainwashing (and brainwashed) fundie home school bloggers only allow comments when you cite Scripture (the right type of Scripture not the parts about killing innocent women and children or sending your daughters out to be raped).
I'll keep my electronical eyes open if I find some more funny fundie blogs.
In eternal love
always yours,
Anna
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Truer words were never spoken, Anna.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
I went on a bit of a rant over at Codewordconduit's blog this afternoon.
I get very angry where it comes to abusing children, both mentally and physically, the latter of which most fundies claim the bible supports, nay, commands them to do.
The good thing about this blog is that Tilia can rant and other people get the blame ;)
ReplyDeleteFroggie,
ReplyDeleteI just saw your 'rant'. It was quite impressive. And it's really easy to get angry about that paranoid egomaniac prophet